These Unicorn Nutter Butter Cookies are just too cute to pass up! All you need are a few simple ingredients and you’ll be snacking away in no time at all.
The great part about making these nutter butter cookies is that the only real “task” involved is getting to decorate them. And honestly, this is so much fun!
Gather up your family and friends and let everyone join in on the fun. The more that can make their own, the quicker the process goes. Besides, it’s fun to see how unique and different everyone’s Unicorn Cookie turns out!
Unicorn Nutter Butter Cookies Recipe
Ingredients needed to make unicorn cookies:
10 nutter butter cookies
1 cup white melting chocolates
1⁄2 cup pink melting chocolates or pink chocolate coloring gel
1⁄4 cup purple melting chocolates
1⁄2 tsp coconut oil
candy flowers, nonpareils, rainbows, etc for decoration
ramekins and pan for double boiler set up
chocolate dipping wand or fork
wire cooling rack
unicorn candy mold with small horns
How to make Unicorn Nutter Butter Cookies:
- Set up a double boiler with shallow pan and ramekins for each color chocolate. Fill with water till halfway up side of ramekins *careful not to get water inside them as it will seize the chocolate. Turn heat to medium-low.
- Add chocolates and smidge of coconut oil to each, stirring to combine as they melt.
- Using wand or fork, dip nutter butter cookies in white chocolate until thoroughly coated. Hover above dish as chocolate drips off. Set on a wire rack to harden.
- Spoon pink and purple chocolate into the unicorn horn mold and refrigerate until hardened.
- To create the ears, tear a strip of parchment paper. Pour white melted chocolate into a piping bag, work quickly to create the ears or use a spoon and toothpick to create the shapes. *make extra and put in the refrigerator to harden.
- Add eyes by dipping a toothpick into the white chocolate and placing a dot on the cows where the eyes will be, quickly place candy eyes.
- Attach the ears by dabbing toothpick in white chocolate and use as a glue.
- Attach horn with white melting chocolate.
- Pour pink or purple melting chocolate into a piping bag with a small hole and create curly hair.
- Set to dry and harden.
- Store in an airtight container.